Latest update time: June 15, 2021
1. What information do we collect
The following are the types of information we collect when you register for FameEX and use FameEX services:
1.1 Information required for registration
When registering a FameEX account, you need to provide identification information ("identity information") including email address, name, date of birth, nationality, country code, gender, signature and password. To improve account security, you can apply for Google or SMS secondary verification. To enable SMS verification, you need to provide a mobile phone number, and to enable Google verification, you need to provide a Google account name.
1.2 Information required for compliance with regulatory policies
In order to comply with global industry regulatory standards, local regulatory standards and government orders, including anti-money laundering (AML), know-your-user (KYC), and counter-terrorism financing (CTF), when you use specific FameEX services (such as digital asset trading related Before or during the process, in addition to identity information, we are required to collect personal information such as identification documents (including passports, nationality ID cards, passport numbers, nationality ID information and visa information, etc.) ("Supervisory Information" ), we will specifically explain to you the content and requirements of such personal information each time we collect information, and have the right to change the content and requirements of the information collected in accordance with changes in global industry regulatory standards, local regulatory standards or government orders. This provision applies to FameEX accounts of both individual and institutional users.
1.3 Information required when using FameEX services
1.3.1 Service usage information
During your access to FameEX and the use of FameEX services, we will monitor and collect (including but not limited to) your phone number, access date and time, device type and identification, operating system and related settings, browser and SIM card and network operator, IP address, GPS information, base station information, WLAN information and other related data ("service usage information"). This information may be obtained directly by FameEX or third-party service providers. The collection of data on the use of these services will help the system ensure that our interface is suitable for users on all platforms, as well as provide support during criminal investigations.
1.3.2 Transaction Information
1.3.3 Communication information
1) All messages, requests or other information sent by you during your contact with FameEX;
2) All communications and file attachments generated when you conduct transactions with other users or other data mainly generated through communications with other users.
1.3.4 Financial Information
2. How we use your information
2.1 Provision and maintenance of services
2.1.1 We use the collected information to implement, maintain and provide better FameEX services (including but not limited to processing various transactions), and to verify user identities.
2.1.2 We use your IP address and unique identifier stored in Cookies to verify your identity and behavior and provide FameEX services. Due to legal obligations and system requirements, we are unable to provide you with all or part of FameEX services in the absence of data such as identity information, regulatory information, service use information, communication information or transaction information.
2.2 Protect users
2.2.1 We use the collected information to protect FameEX user accounts and files.
2.2.2 We use IP address and Cookies data to prevent attacks such as spam, phishing and distributed denial of service (DDoS).
2.2.3 We analyze transaction activities in order to detect suspicious behavior as early as possible to prevent fraud and funds from flowing to bad actors.
2.3 Compliance with laws and regulations
2.4 For measurement, research and development purposes
We analyze the data to better understand how you use FameEX services. Our operation team continuously conducts data analysis to ensure that the user experience is continuously optimized, and solves various problems encountered in the use process in a timely manner. In addition, we use these data to customize, measure and improve the content and layout of FameEX services, FameEX websites and applications, and to develop new services. We continuously monitor system activity information and communications with users to find and quickly solve problems.
2.5 Communicate with users
In order to communicate directly with users, we collect users' personal information, such as mobile phone numbers and email addresses, to provide users with support for work orders, or to notify users of information related to login, transaction, and account security in a timely manner. If we do not collect and process relevant personal information before communicating, we will not be able to respond to requests and questions submitted by users. All communications will be properly stored within FameEX or the service provider designated by FameEX, and used to review accuracy, keep as evidence, or perform other legal or contractual obligations.
2.7 Promote company acquisitions, mergers or transactions
If necessary for company acquisitions, mergers or other company transactions, we may process any information about your FameEX account and use of FameEX services.
We may share the collected information with your referees, including but not limited to your identity information and transaction information, for commission or other benefits.
2.9 For any other purpose
We may disclose your personal information for other purposes that you agree to.
3.2 You have the right to ask us at any time to stop contacting you for marketing purposes or pushing relevant information to you. If you are unwilling to be contacted for marketing purposes in the future, please send an email to Service@mail.fameex.info.
3.3 For important product-related information, such as policy/term updates and operation notices, you will not be able to choose not to receive such information.
4. How we store and protect your information
We store your personal information securely in a fault-tolerant secure storage space encrypted with industry standards, and take a number of security protection measures to ensure that user information will not be lost, abused or tampered with, including but not limited to:
1) Physical measures: physical data containing your personal information will be stored in a locked place;
2) Electronic measures: Computer data containing your personal information will be stored on computer systems and storage media subject to strict login restrictions;
3) Management measures: Only personnel authorized by us can access your personal information, and these personnel need to abide by our internal rules for the confidentiality of personal information. We have also adopted strict file access restrictions;
4) Technical measures: use technologies such as Secure Socket Layer Encryption to transport and store your personal information, and use various current general security technologies and supporting management systems to reduce your personal information from being leaked, damaged, misused, and unauthorized the risk of access, unauthorized disclosure and modification; when transmitting and storing sensitive personal information (including personal biometric information), we will adopt security measures such as encryption, authority control, de-identification, and desensitization;
5) Other measures: Our web server is protected by a "firewall".
Despite the implementation of the above-mentioned technical and security measures, we cannot guarantee the absolute safety of data transmission on the Internet, so we cannot absolutely guarantee that the personal data you provide to us through our platform is safe at all times. You agree that if any of your information leaks and other losses are caused by non-intentional or gross negligence, including but not limited to hacker attacks, power outages or inevitable technical failures, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we not liable.
If you suspect that your personal information, especially account or password information, has been leaked, please freeze your FameEX account immediately and contact the FameEX customer service team (Service@mail.fameex.info).
6) Our View and Efforts on AML/CFT
At FameEX, we’re always motivated to move in the direction of user safety and protection. We are here to create a sustainable and safe environment for all the participants. While keeping user safety and protection in our work ethics, we cannot rule out law enforcement and compliance. Along with other safety measures, FameEX keeps a close eye on ongoing rules and regulations regarding Crypto and Blockchain technology around the world. Hence, all our users have to go through KYC (Know Your Customer) which will enable FameEX to hinder any AML (Anti-money Laundering) and CFT (Counter-terrorist Financing) acts (if any). We’re open to working collaboratively with policymakers to improve the industry standard and user protection whilst keeping the bad actors distant.
5. Data Transmission and Transfer
You know and understand that in the following circumstances, we have the right to transfer or store all or part of the personal information collected to or store in other countries and regions other than your country of nationality, country of habitual residence, or the country where the server is located, without your separate consent:
1) Based on the need to protect, process, analyze, and reasonably use personal information;
3) Necessary based on the public interest;
4) Transmission is necessary for establishing, exercising or defending the rights of us, our partners or other users;
5) Other circumstances required by laws or government orders.
6.1 What are cookies
Cookies are small amounts of data sent to your browser and stored on your computer's hard drive to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit FameEX, we can automatically collect information from you through Cookies or similar technologies.
1) Keep your login status;
2) Record your habits and preferences when browsing the various modules of FameEX;
3) Use Google Stats through Cookies to record our performance and check the effect of online advertising.
6.3 What cookies do we use
We use many different types of cookies, including (but not limited to):
1) Functional Cookies
We use these cookies so that we can recognize you on FameEX and remember your previously selected preferences. These preferences may include your device, operating system, preferred language, location, and other session data. We use a mixture of first-party and third-party cookies.
2) Marketing Cookies
We use these cookies to collect information about your visit to FameEX, the content you view, the links you follow, and information about your browser, device, IP address, and referring URL. We sometimes share certain parts of data with third parties for marketing purposes. We can also share online data collected through cookies with our marketing partners. This means that when you visit another website, that website may show you ads based on your browsing patterns on FameEX.
6.4 How to manage cookies
Most browsers are preset to accept Cookies. You can choose to set your browser to not accept Cookies, or notify you as soon as Cookies are installed. But if you set to prohibit cookies, you may not be able to activate or use certain functions of this platform.
7. What data protection rights do you have
We want to ensure that you fully understand all your data protection rights. Unless otherwise provided by laws, regulations or government orders, each user has the following rights:
1) Right of access: You have the right to request us to provide a copy of your personal data, and we can charge you a small fee for providing this service;
2) Right to rectification: You have the right to request us to correct any information that you think is inaccurate, and you also have the right to ask us to fill in the information that you think is incomplete within a reasonable limit;
3) Right of erasure: In some cases, you have the right to request us to delete your personal data;
4) The right to restrict/refuse processing: In certain circumstances stipulated by law or specially prompted by us, you have the right to request us to restrict/refuse the processing of your personal data; but you know that restricting/refuting the processing of personal data may result in us some FameEX services cannot be provided to you;
5) The right to data portability: under certain circumstances stipulated by law or specially prompted by us, you have the right to request that we transfer the data we collect to another organization or directly to you. We can charge you a small fee for providing this service.
8. Privacy policies of other websites
If you visit any link to other third-party platforms or partner websites/applications on FameEX, you should agree to and abide by the independent privacy policies of that third-party platform or partner. We are not responsible for the content and activities of these platforms or partners.
10. Contact us